Friday, October 16, 2009

Why has Fire such a Power of Attraction?

It's getting cold outside and my husband and me are eager to prepare everything - paper, wood, matches - for making fire in our fireplace in the house. We have these huge old Viennese tiled stoves, so you cannot really see the fire. 
tiled oven
But I know there is fire in the oven and it is getting warmer in the room, in the house and even in my heart. It is a kind of magic! Light a candle or a fire in the garden and absolutely everybody wants to be close the light and the warmth. Amazing! It is the same with water, but that story I tell another time.
So I hope all of you find a warm and cosy place at home in this time when it is getting colder and darker. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what a great tilled stove! They don't have those in North America... it's a shame. It's beautiful and functional ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had to light our fire the other day for the first time this season and it felt wonderful. I made soup and we sat and watched a movie. There's something warm and inviting about a fire.

    I was also stopping by to say I’ve given you a One Lovely Blog award, so please stop by and collect it.

    Justine
    http://justnibbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I read them all and I visit your blog asap and comment back!