Im Sommer besuchten wir die weltgrößte Klosterbibliothek des Stiftes Admont. Als wir von unserem fantastischen Urlaub am Wolfgangsee nach Hause fuhren, machten wir einen kleinen Umweg über Admont. Ich habe schon tolle Fotos im Internet gesehen, und im Hinterkopf abgespeichert, dass ich das in Echt sehen wollte. Nun gab es die Gelegenheit dazu. Und es war atemberaubend schön. Einfach nur WOW.
Monastery Library of Admont Abbey
In July we visited the world's largest monastic library, Admont Abbey. On our way home from our fantastic holiday at Lake Wolfgang, we made a small detour to Admont. I'd seen amazing photos online and kept in mind that I wanted to see it in person. Now I finally had the chance. And it was breathtakingly beautiful. Simply WOW.
Infos aus der Broschüre, die man zum Audioguide dazu bekommt (© Herausgeber Benediktinerstift Admont): Der mit einem Kuppelfresko im Jahre 1776 vollendete, spätbarocke Bibliothekssaal ist der größte klösterliche Bibliothekssaal der Welt und befindet sich im 1074 gegründeten Benediktinerkloster. Der Bibliothekssaal beherbergt ca. 70.000 Bände. Der gesamte Bücherbestand des Stiftes umfasst an die 200.000 Bände.
Information from the brochure accompanying the audio guide (© Publisher Admont Abbey): The late Baroque library hall, completed in 1776 with a dome fresco, is the largest monastic library hall in the world and is located in the Benedictine monastery founded in 1074. The library hall houses approximately 70,000 volumes. The abbey's entire book collection comprises around 200,000 volumes.
Weiters kann man noch folgende Museen besichtigen: Gotik Museum, Kunsthistorisches Museum, Naturhistorisches Museum und Museum der Gegenwartskunst. Wir waren zur heißesten Zeit im Juli dort, aber Museen sind immer herrlich kühl temperiert. Im Stiftskeller haben wir noch köstlich gesnackt. Der Ausflug war großartig.
Die Bibliothek wurde geplant und gebaut vom österreichischen Barockbaumeister Josef Huebner: Wie den Verstand soll auch den Raum Licht erfüllen.
You can also visit the following museums: Gothic Museum, Art History Museum, Natural History Museum and Museum of Contemporary Art. We were there at the hottest time in July, but museums are always wonderfully cool. We had a delicious snack in the Stiftskeller (Restaurant of the Monastery). The trip was fantastic.
The library was designed and built by the Austrian Baroque architect Josef Huebner: Light should fill the room just as it should the mind.
Oh, I love this!! I went to the Austrian National Library a few years ago, and when we walked in, I told my husband "I want to live here." It reminds me a lot of this library, only the wood is dark and there are marble statues. I guess the Austrians know how to do libraries right! :) Visiting from the Talking About it Tuesdays linkup.
ReplyDeleteLast year we also visited the National Library in Vienna, and it was just—wow.
DeleteI'd love to have you share this at my linkup also, if you're interested: https://lifetalesbooks.blogspot.com/p/calling-fellow-bloggers.html It's open for 10 days at a time, so the current one is still open for another week. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the invitation. I will visit you soon :)
DeleteWhat an amazing place! You'd have to drag me out of there. I adore grand libraries.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Unfortunately, the photos taken with the old mobile phone camera do not do justice to this cultural highlight. In reality, everything is much more radiant and brilliant.
DeleteAbsolutely breathtaking! I can only imagine how awe‑inspiring it must have been to stand in that hall surrounded by centuries of knowledge.
ReplyDeleteYes, that was it. Fortunately, we were almost the only ones there, and I was able to sit down and let the impressions sink in.
DeleteLibraries are one of my favorite places and this one took my breath away. I'd never want to leave!
ReplyDeleteIt was so beautiful and calm there. I loved every minute :)
DeleteWow, wow, wow! That is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteIt is so good that this beauty is being preserved, maintained, and appreciated.
DeleteServus Petra, ein wundervoller Ort! Unsere Klöster sind ein sehenswertes Kulturerbe.
ReplyDeleteLG aus Wien
Hallo Frau Mayer! Das ist wohl wahr.
DeleteLG Petra